Profile image for SohoLisa

Happy National Coffee Day! Where's your favourite place to go for that perfect cup of Joe Black in Soho? Bar Italia? Soho Algerian Coffee Stores maybe?

By SohoLisa at 13:43 on 29/09/11

Re-post           

• Profile image for adrianstern

Bar Italia without doubt. Probably the only genuine espresso in town! After what 50 years? Anyway since the closing of Les Enfants Terribles. Walked past the site Saturday - almost brought tears - and none of the buildings were listed? Somebody must have taken a nice bribe. Pevsner must never get any rest in his grave!

By adrianstern at 11:16 on 03/10/11

• Profile image for SohoLisa

It certainly beats anything that Starbucks or Costa could ever offer, in taste and surroundings! It still guts me too, to see such iconic buildings go under or be demolished in the name of 'progress'. Which building in Soho do you most lament the demise of in Soho would you say? I must admit, I'm always saddened when I walk past the old Astoria - had many a good night there!

By SohoLisa at 14:24 on 04/10/11

• Profile image for SohoLisa

I'm really hoping that I can at least get a bank of photography of all the buildings and businesses that have long since gone due to the Crossrail development in Soho, so at the very least there they are gone but not forgotten. So anyone who has any, get them up on the site!

By SohoLisa at 14:26 on 04/10/11

Join the Discussion

max 4000 characters

Search for...

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min rent is bigger than Max rent